Tuesday, March 18, 2008


SAY IT AIN'T so, David! Everyone's favorite blind governor and his wife have also been having extramarital affairs. Patterson, the new governor of New York who took over from Eliot "John" Spitzer, dated one woman from 1999 to 2001. That's three good years! Halfway to a common-law marriage! This means that being blind won't stop you from screwing around. This means that everything I really liked about David Patterson is a lie. Worst of all, this means that Ari was completely and thoroughly right. Bitter pills, folks.


Last night I went to the Dixon Museum for an architecture/ art show/ University of Memphis party, which was very fun. The artist on display was David Macaulay, who illustrated the great 'How Things Work' books. His sketchings of the bowels of ships and happy little Roman plazas were great, but the best part was getting to walk through the Dixon gardens before going inside. Nothing is growing yet, but the weather was so beautiful and the sunset so attractive that it didn't matter. When I had a membership there, I went to the Dixon frequently by myself with a sandwich and a book to have illegal picnics in the woodland garden. The mulch paths, elderly verdigris dew-drop lanterns, the birds- it's very lovely and isolated. Somehow the gardners there manage to evict every single insect from the entire place; it's probably not very environmentally friendly, but is deeply satisfying to eat egg salad sans ants.


Ciara is currently listening to I Don't Want To Get Over You by the Magnetic Fields.

2 comments:

Ari said...

"Worst of all, this means that Ari was completely and thoroughly right."

A first, I admit! ....Anyhow, Now hopefully my luck will continue through the NCAA's and I will win the office pool.

PS- My wife and I absolutely love "How things work"

CFN said...

Oh, man! You need to update your Facebook NCAA picks too, so you can see how you fare against The Big C. And the exhibit was great. You guys need to get down here!