Thursday, March 13, 2008


I READ A number of blogs myself, and wanted to be able to see when each of them was updated. I hadn't been able to find a way to do this until this morning, when I stumbled on a site that lets you know when each of your blogs is updated. Since it took me so long to find anything like that, I thought I'd pass it on: BlogLines.


If anyone knows of another one, though, pass it on! This one is just okay. There needs to be some sort of notifying desktop widget, which this doesn't have. Additionally, I don't understand about Feeds or RSS, or anything like that. Feel free to lecture.


Ciara is currently listening to I'm No Good by Amy Winehouse.

4 comments:

Cameltrooper said...

Hey Ciara. Have you tried Google Reader yet? It's similar to bloglines. I don't know of any toolbar apps yet to pop up notifications. My guess is macs would have a widget to accomplish that.

Maybe the google or yahoo toolbars have a "new blog entry" notification icon or something like that?

As for RSS, it stands for "really simple syndication" and is just a way for your website to let people who subscribe to your feed know that their is new content on your site. It can be the entire website or just a certain part of the content that you allow people to subscribe to.

Cameltrooper said...

I was looking some stuff up and came across BlogRovr for Firefox. That might do what you're looking for as long as you're using the browser. It looks like it pops up a tray with what blogs have been recently updated that you subscribe to.

Hope that helps.

Cameltrooper said...

Ok. So bloglines has a notifier tool that is supposed to tell you when your subscription list has been changed. It goes in your windows toolbar. Is that what you were looking for.

CFN said...

Ah, this is all most helpful! I didn't get a chance to mess with it until this morning, but I finally understand what RSS is and like the notifier tool a great deal. Well done, O.! When you go home tonight, there'll be another floor on your house.