Wednesday, March 5, 2008


IT'S BEEN A 'tardedly long time since I last kept a regular blog. But time marches on, and after I read Kelly's regularly-updated ramblings (see links), I realized it was high time to start fresh. Out with the old, in with the stupid.


And stupid it is. Last night after a few beers I found myself arguing strenuously that humans were all beings of a higher conscience who had chosen to squeeze their celestial selves into these earthly husks in order to learn about... something. My fizz ran out at that point and I believe I might have suggested they were doing it to amuse themselves in a manner akin to riding a waterslide. Yes, waterslide.


Nobel Prize winning thinking it ain't.


I'm not proud of that particular analogy, but it did get me to thinking some profound things about Truth (With The Big T). Truth (With The Big T) encompasses all of those things that are true whether you believe them are not, up to and including the profound Truths of the universe which I think we have no hope of understanding.


The topic came up because the news yesterday was all about the murder of six people here in Memphis by person or perons unknown. Four adults had been shot, and two children stabbed. The point was raised that whoever could do such a thing was deeply, deeply disturbed (natch), and who quite possibly felt he was not doing anything that bad. Maybe he even thought he was helping them.


All were agreed that this is the furthest away from the Truth (With A Big T) that you can get. But if that's so, then how do we- as opposable-thumbed monkeys- get within spitting distance of the real thing? My own idea is that since most of the things that drive us away from the Truth are self-centered actions, then what should push us closer to the Truth are self-less actions.


In unrelated opinions, I would like a small, cheap camera so's I can do that cool 'A Day In The Life' photojournal thingamajig. That sounds awesome!!

2 comments:

Cameltrooper said...

Hey Ciara. Omar here. So is the myspace blog officially dead now?

CFN said...

By the by, the old blog is at http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=185923193