Thursday, March 6, 2008


I'M SITTING IN my underwear, drinking Diet Coke and eating string cheese (that's right- I know how to party) and watching a movie I love, Star Trek: First Contact. Man, those hyposprays should totally shoot out the other side of people's arms! If they go through skin, why stop at one layer?


Anyway, I'm painting my toenails and it hits me: Every single invention in Star Trek should be the number one priority of scientists today. Why are there no holodecks? Why are there no replicators?


If you had to choose one Star Trek invention for nowsies, what would it be?

3 comments:

Cameltrooper said...

Its gotta be the transporter, hands down. Think of all the places you could beam into unannounced. Then no one would've ever ever expected the Spanish Inquisition :)

Hey cell phones look like the old communicators. So there's one for ya.

I remember seeing that movie on opening night @ college in Williamsburg, VA and seeing my first Klingon. I think he went on dates than I did back then.

CFN said...

Was the Klingon Galler, or did John never reveal his alter-ego to you?

I think mine would have to be the hypospray. Think of all the trouble that could cause!

Cameltrooper said...

Well Galler definitely had the rage to make a Klingon look like a pacifist back in the day.

But I haven't seen that angry Galler since he threw those people's cooler across the street back at Mardi Gras.

Now he's more like a tribble.