Monday, March 17, 2008


IF YOU HAPPEN to pick up your latest college textbook edition of Urban Art and Design, you'll be treated with my lovely visage. That's right, smack on the front of Chapter Eleven (where the most important photos go), my friend Jon and I smile like maniacs during the downtown Chalk Art Festival. Our chalk artwork is not clearly visible, much to the relief of all. It was not well-executed, to say the least.


I don't sleep well at the best of times, and lately I haven't been getting more than two or three hours a night. Brush teeth, get in jammies, read a book- then take out another book, throw it aside, get up, pace, put dishes in dishwasher, play with dogs, get back into bed with a book- and repeat. Ad nauseum. No, ad infinitum. No, ad exhaustion!


I'm open to suggestion; any tips you have at all on getting to sleep, besides filling and re-filling out my NCAA bracket on CBS Sports. It's Memphis v. Tennessee for the championship! You heard it here first.


Ciara is currently listening to Real Love by Regina Spektor.

3 comments:

Cameltrooper said...

Our chalk artwork is not clearly visible, much to the relief of all. It was not well-executed, to say the least.

Hmmmm, how hard is it do a chalk outline of a body anyways Ciara?

So when are you gonna scan the chapter pic for us all to see?

Anonymous said...

Wine, luv. That does the trick. Or maybe those self help mp3's where you have to lie down to listen but never fall asleep, i'm off with the fairies in next to no time....

CFN said...

Drinking just makes me wake up early in the morning, sad to say. The more I drink, the earlier I awaken. It's a curse.

And I have the chalk art photo, O.- it's on my Facebook page, but I haven't quite figured out yet how to get it in here. Will persevere!